This is a short-term course consisting of forty-eight hours of lectures conducted on eight consecutive Sundays.
- To provide basic knowledge on international standards of human rights and the UN system on the protection of human rights.
- To provide basic knowledge on fundamental rights and the protection of the rights mechanism in Sri Lanka.
- Introduction to human rights
- Human Rights; the UN System
- Fundamental rights in Sri Lanka
- Fundamental rights protection mechanism in Sri Lanka
- Individual rights: political and civil rights
- Individual rights: economic, social, and cultural rights
- Group rights: Minority rights
- Group rights: Women’s rights
- Group rights: Child rights
- Group rights: Labour rights
1. Three passes in one sitting at the G.C.E. Advanced Level and one of the following:
(a). A member of an NGO engaged in the fields of Human Rights/ Community Development, or
(b). An employee of a public or private sector institution with two years of service; or
(c). An individual with a proven track record or engaged in HR-related community activities.
2. An internal student of the University of Peradeniya or any other university in Sri Lanka.
3. A member of an NGO with six passes in the GCE O/L and five years of service experience in the NGO field.
Certificate Course in Human Rights
How to Apply
|கீழே உள்ள விண்ணப்பப்படிவத்தினை பூரணப்படுத்தி கீழே உள்ள முகவரிக்கு அனுப்பி வைக்க வேண்டும்.|
|Fill the application form below and send it to the address given in the advertisement.|
|පහත අයදුම්පත්රය පුරවා දැන්වීමේ දක්වා ඇති ලිපිනයට එවන්න.|
Application | விண்ணப்பப்படிவம்